Sunday, August 01, 2010

Don't quit,endure to the end

I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not
Jude 5

I am the LORD your God,Who brought you out of the land of Egypt;
Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it. But My people would not heed My voice,
And Israel would have none of Me.So I gave them over to their own stubborn heart,
To walk in their own counsels. “Oh, that My people would listen to Me,
That Israel would walk in My ways!I would soon subdue their enemies,
And turn My hand against their adversaries.
Psalm 81:10-14

Jacob kept his ground
Nothing requires more vigour and unceasing exertion than wrestling. It is an emblem of the true spirit of faith and prayer. Jacob kept his ground; though the struggle continued long, this did not shake his faith, nor silence his prayer. He will have a blessing, and had rather have all his bone put out of joint than go away without one. Those who would have the blessing of Christ, must resolve to take no denial. The fervent prayer is the effectual prayer. The Angel puts a lasting mark of honour upon him, by changing his name." -Biblegateway dot com Rudy Fox

No comments: