Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Israel's Foreign god


“I removed his shoulder from the burden;His hands were freed from the baskets.

You called in trouble, and I delivered you; I answered you in the secret place of thunder;
I tested you at the waters of Meribah. Selah
“Hear, O My people, and I will admonish you! O Israel, if you will listen to Me!
There shall be no foreign god among you;Nor shall you worship any foreign god. 
 I am the Lord your God,Who brought you out of the land of Egypt;
Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it.
 “But My people would not heed My voice,And Israel would have none of Me.
 So I gave them over to their own stubborn heart,To walk in their own counsels.
“Oh, that My people would listen to Me,That Israel would walk in My ways!
I would soon subdue their enemies,And turn My hand against their adversaries.
Psalm 81

No comments: