Friday, November 30, 2007

Contend Time


Thus says the Lord GOD, "Behold, I will lift up My hand to the nations And set up My standard to the peoples; And they will bring your sons in their bosom, And your daughters will be carried on their shoulders. "Kings will be your guardians, And their princesses your nurses. They will bow down to you with their faces to the earth And lick the dust of your feet; And you will know that I am the LORD;
Those who hopefully wait for Me will not be put to shame.
"Can the prey be taken from the mighty man, Or the captives (Israel) of a tyrant (Bush) be rescued?" Surely, thus says the LORD, "Even the captives(Israel) of the mighty man (Bush) will be taken away, And the prey of the tyrant will be rescued;

For I will contend with the one who contends with you, And I will save your sons. "I will feed your oppressors with their own flesh, And they will become drunk with their own blood as with sweet wine; And all flesh will know that I, the LORD, am your Savior And your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob."
Isaiah 49

No comments: