Monday, September 07, 2009

To Be A Wise Virgin

Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
And five of them were wise, and five were foolish”
(Matthew 25:1-2).
If you are honest, you’ll agree with his Word: “Yes, this parable describes me. I’ve grown lazy. I don’t want to become a foolish virgin, and drift away. I want to be ready as the day of the Lord approaches.”
If you want to be a wise virgin, there are two steps you must take. They’re simple, but they can’t be overlooked. Make Christ the center of your thought life.
Let the Lord be in all your thoughts. When you wake up in the morning, whisper his name. At night as you’re going to bed, call out to him in thought and on your knees.
“Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things” (Philippians 4:8). Let this verse be the basis of a simple prayer for you throughout the day: “Jesus, you are true, honest, just, pure, lovely. You are my Good News.”
Paul writes, “The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise” (1 Corinthians 3:20).
God records all your thoughts.
He knows every time you think of him. So give him all your “thank you” thoughts.

Pray throughout the day, “Lord have mercy on me a sinner.” This simple prayer is the oil for your lamp.
Praying it daily is how you begin to prepare to meet the Lord. You’re telling God, “Father, I’m not worthy to be called by your name.
I need your mercy. I realize I’m not what I thought I was. I thought I was a pretty good person, yet whatever meager goodness I may possess gains me nothing.
It’s all as filthy rags in your sight. I know I can’t be saved by my good works. I need your grace. I humble myself before you now. Lord, have mercy on me, a sinner.”
from dave wilkerson's blogs

No comments: