Wednesday, November 01, 2006

My Kingdom is not of this world



General Pershing or Jesus Christ...One Last Appeal

Blessings to you, Jack.
And if you choose to forward this, my blessings to those who read this as well.
My heart is so grieved to read of the disagreement amongst you and your friends.
I hear the pain in your words as you fight for these friend"ships" that are listing and are dangerously close to being thrown overboard.
These must indeed be friends you love for you to contend so earnestly for them. I hope to be able to put into words something that will bring a measure of encouragement while speaking the truth.
About 1 1/2 to 2 years ago as I was earnestly praying to the Lord, I was going on and on about wanting to know TRUTH. I told the Lord how much I hated deception and, that it was EVERYWHERE...in our government, media and even our christian ministries and churches.
I told Him that I was throwing myself on His mercy to show me the Truth through His Holy Spirit. My heart was desperate in this matter.
So I just got quiet in His presence. Then I heard Him speak these words to me, "Amy, I will show you TRUTH, but the TRUTH I am going to show you may very well cost you every friendship you have". I remember this like it was yesterday!!! The gravity of what He spoke made every hair on my body stand up. But I took a deep breath and said, "So be it". And so it has been a journey of TRUTH tearing down deception in my own life.
As these deceptions have come down, they have been painful, and perhaps none had a greater hold on me than the one you mentioned.....christian militant patriotism. Huge ministries are built around this deceptive spirit!! If you remember the pictures I showed you, those are the images of this spirit. And the Lord told me they are HUGE.....He called them "principalities". In a nutshell what this spirit tries to do is get christians to try to bring forth a "kingdom" of God physically to this earth. It is exactly the same spirit that Jesus encountered when He walked this earth. Even His disciples wanted to make Jesus king and overthrow Rome.
They wanted an earthly kingdom.
It is just as Solomon said in Ecc. 1:9, "Everything that has been will be again, and everything that has been done will be done again, there is no new thing under the sun". And so we see again those who want to affect change in these earthly kingdoms.
But the Scripture is clear that "our kingdom is NOT of this world".
And if none of this makes sense to people, surely we can agree that our role model should be Jesus Himself. When Jesus walked this earth, He did so when Rome ruled over the people of Israel. Rome was quite possibly one of the most evil and cruel governments that has ever been on this earth. What did Jesus do about Rome? NOT ONE THING! And this was so devoustating to some of Jesus' followers.
They just knew that Jesus was going to do something about it. But He did not, for He told them that His kingdom was not of this world. And so many fell away from following Him. People today are falling into the same trap.
If Jesus is our role model, why are we caught up in "christian political agendas"?
But, Jack, like you this belief has cost me many friendships. They believe the lies that come out of the mouth of people like John Hagee. He so reminds me of the false prophets described in the book of Ezekiel...that prophecied by the idols of their own hearts and the people who believed them did so because they "loved the lie".
Jack, I appreciate the stand you are taking for the TRUTH, though it may cost you every friend you have, it will be worth it. For Jesus is TRUTH and if He lives in you, you cannot help be love the TRUTH. The way is narrow and there are few who find it.....and I think one of the reasons is because this "way" is costly.
Your friend on the narrow way,
Amy
http://www.babylonthegreatisfalling.net/

No comments: