Wednesday, October 01, 2008

The Hungry Birds are Gathering

September 30, 2008
Pastor David Lankford
The Voice of Evangelism
What I am about to share with you took place on Wednesday night/Thursday morning September 24th 2008, at about 2:00A.M. I had just come home from our Wednesday night church service in which I had just ministered on the subject, "Trusting in the Lord". At about 11:00 P.M. I went to bed and I had a very difficult time going to sleep. Thus, I began to pray as I was lying in the bed. After I prayed a while I then got up and I walked through the house. After a few minutes I returned to bed. As I lay down I then closed my eyes and suddenly I saw myself in a valley of sorts and it was broad daylight at the time. As I looked up I realized I was looking towards the top of a mountain or mountain peak, I realized that I was standing in a valley. As I looked upward I saw scores if not hundreds of birds, some of them were pretty and some were ugly and heinous. Some of the birds were sitting perched while others were circling around and they were all staring at something that was taking place in the valley below them.
I was extremely desirous to know what they were looking at but I could not see from my view point in the valley.
As I was watching the birds suddenly I heard a very powerful voice in my left ear which said,
Watchman what of the night? Watchman what of the night?
It was then that I suddenly opened my eyes and began to ruminate the vision that I had just had. The following morning when I got up I began to seek the Word of God for my answers.
At first I thought from memory that the phrase Watchman, what of the night?, was in Isaiah Chapter 56, however, it was in Isaiah chapter 21. Isaiah chapter 21 speaks directly to the judgment of Babylon.
Frightfully, I began to understand what I had seen in the night. It was the beginning of the destruction of America/Babylon.
We read in Revelation 18:2, "And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the cage of every unclean and hateful bird".
These birds that I saw were no doubt getting ready for their great feast that the Word of God speaks of. We read in Revelation 19:17&18, "And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great".
Another verse that I want to share is found in Matthew 24:28, "For wheresoever the carcass is, there will the eagles be gathered".
In closing with scripture I want to share Isaiah 34:11, "But the cormorant (pelican) and the bittern (heron) shall possess it; the owl also and the raven shall dwell in it: and he shall stretch out upon it the line of confusion, and the stones of emptiness:.
The word WHAT in the Hebrew has three meanings, HOW, WHY, and WHEN. The HOW needless to say is very simple, it appears to be financial, meaning prior to the end time battle of Armageddon. The WHY also is very simple, the unmitigated greed and covetousness of this Nation, and last but not least WHEN, it is apparent that it is right now.
I want to encourage each and everyone of you to get your household in divine order and I emphasize the word divine. There is very little time left, however, I feel in my spirit there is a small window of opportunity to get a few more things done. It will really become disastrous and full blown sometime in 2009 and there out. So please don't waste time.
Paul said in Ephesians 5:16, "Redeeming the time, because the days are evil". What I want you to realize is that all this must come to pass for the Lord of Glory to return. Many feel that we are doom and gloom.
However, it has been said that it is the darkness right before the dawn.
We all have labored and toiled in the Spirit of God, along with his invaluable Word, to come to this point and place in time. I somewhat think I know how Noah may have felt right prior to and during the judgment. However, the sun did shine once again and he was delivered by the fact that he obeyed God and built an ark for the saving of his house. Jesus Christ is the ark of safety, and my friend there is none other. May we all live in the power of his spirit and hold fast to his unchanging hand. Satan will try greatly to discourage you if he hasn't already.
But as Jesus our Lord said, in John 16:33, "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world". Jesus Christ wants each and every one of us to have real peace for he knows that we will all have real tribulation.
The great joy is knowing that we too can overcome. May the Lord forever order your steps here in this very climatic hour. Personally I am excited in the right way; knowing that soon the eastern sky will open like a great scroll and Jesus Christ will come galloping out of heaven on a great white stallion to return to this earth and set up his eternal kingdom, and of his kingdom there shall be no end!

Serving with you all,
Pastor David W. Lankford

No comments: