Saturday, May 28, 2011

I kill and I make alive

I will heap disasters on them I will spend My arrows on them.
24 They shall be wasted with hunger, Devoured by pestilence and bitter destruction;
I will also send against them the teeth of beasts,With the poison of serpents of the dust.
25 The sword shall destroy outside;There shall be terror within
For the young man and virgin,The nursing child with the man of gray hairs...

‘Now see that I, even I, am He,And there is no God besides Me;
 I kill and I make alive;I wound and I heal;
 Nor is there any who can deliver from My hand.
40 For I raise My hand to heaven,And say, “As I live forever,
41 If I whet My glittering sword,And My hand takes hold on judgment,
I will render vengeance to My enemies,And repay those who hate Me.
42 I will make My arrows drunk with blood,And My sword shall devour flesh,
With the blood of the slain and the captives,From the heads of the leaders of the enemy.”’

 43 “ Rejoice, O Gentiles, with His people;For He will avenge the blood of His servants,
 And render vengeance to His adversaries;He will provide atonement for His land and His people.”


44 So Moses came with Joshua the son of Nun and spoke all the words of this song in the hearing of the people. 45 Moses finished speaking all these words to all Israel, 46 and he said to them: “Set your hearts on all the words which I testify among you today, which you shall command your children to be careful to observe—all the words of this law. 47 For it is not a futile thing for you, because it is your life, and by this word you shall prolong your days in the land which you cross over the Jordan to possess.”
___________________________________
The Runaways

No comments: