Monday, November 24, 2008

Hear O Israel

"Hear, O My people, and I will speak, O Israel, and I will testify against you;
I am God, your God!..........
Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me."

But to the wicked God says: "What right have you to declare My statutes,


Or take My covenant in your mouth,Seeing you hate instruction And cast My words behind you?

When you saw a thief,

you consented with him,



And have been a partaker with adulterers.

You give your mouth to evil, And your tongue frames deceit.

You sit and speak against your brother; You slander your own mother's son.
These things you have done, and I kept silent; You thought that I was altogether like you;

But I will rebuke you, And set them in order before your eyes.

"Now consider this, you who forget God, Lest I tear you in pieces, And there be none to deliver:
Whoever offers praise glorifies Me; And to him who orders his conduct aright
I will show the salvation of God."
Psalm 50

No comments: